At PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, we take great pride in producing top-quality products and offering exceptional work experience opportunities to the next generation. We are dedicated to nurturing and paving the way for the Leaders of Tomorrow in their career journeys.
Why Choose PWR for Work Experience? Our program provides students with valuable work experience during school holidays and the Christmas/New Year period. This opportunity is open to individuals as well as students attending schools or trade schools. Each year, we welcome up to 10 new students, in addition to numerous returning ones who join us during school breaks.
Our work experience program immerses students in various trade areas, including Sheetmetal, Machine Shop, and Fabrication. Many of our students choose to stay with us for one to two years, often throughout their Year 11 and Year 12 education. Some even receive offers for permanent positions with us, with the potential to transition into apprenticeships. You can read about their experience here
Join us at PWR and embark on a transformative journey that equips you with valuable skills and unlocks exciting opportunities for your future.
At PWR, we highly value the contributions of our work experience students and actively support their career development.
Is this program suitable for you or your students?
Do you have any fabrication, manufacturing, or mechanical skills who are passionate about motorsports? If so, this opportunity could be a perfect match for you or a student you know. Additionally, are you interested in working for a globally renowned company that specialises in designing and manufacturing high-performance components for the automotive and aerospace industries? This opportunity could be an excellent fit for you.
Do you feel you would benefit working alongside skilled tradespeople in welding, sheet metal, or machine shop (tooling)? This could be the ideal match. We are currently offering work experience to students in Year 11 and 12 who possess a positive attitude and a strong willingness to learn new skills. The work experience program will be most beneficial to students undertaking engineering/design or a trade-based subject at school.
Benefits of Completing Work Experience with PWR:
- Long-term career prospects with a globally recognised Australian-built company.
- Opportunities for full-time apprenticeships.
- Learning from industry experts and gaining access to cutting-edge manufacturing equipment.
If you believe you or your students would benefit from this work experience and personal growth opportunity, please direct them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although applications are open year-round, we strongly recommend that students apply early due to limited availability.
This work experience offers students valuable hands-on learning in a real-world environment and provides a unique glimpse into the thrilling realm of motorsports and high-performance automotive and aerospace engineering. It is an opportunity to gain insight and expertise in these exciting fields.
I am interested or I know of a student that would be interested, how can I/they apply for the next enrolment? – If you or a student is interest in applying for the next enrolments, please email us via email@example.com with your name, school and best contact number. From there, PWR will be in contact with you with more information and an application form.
- What is required as a student to apply? There are no experience or skills required to apply, we have trade experienced and long-term employees on hand to train Work experience students.
- Can they choose which department they can do into? Or change department if they find they don’t enjoy it? – first time students rotate across departments, returning students then have more input to where they are placed.
- Are they required to complete the full 2 weeks? – No, Going away for a few days on your school holidays but still wish to get involved. No problems! We support a healthy work- life balance, simply inform our HR department upon sending in your application form how many days/weeks you are available. Keep in mind, the longer you are here, the more you will learn and more departments you will get to experience.
Do I need parent permission or a licence? – Parents of children under 18 need to sign the contract. Students need to provide a parent or caregiver contact information and be able to get to and from work while completing the work experience program.
Next enrolment dates? Every school holidays – Christmas and New Year are 4th to the 22nd of December 2023 – 2nd January to the 19th of January 2024.
Other pages you may be interested in:
- Weelys Diner – Weely’s Diner is a state-of-the-art purpose-built canteen that offers free, “home” cooked meals to our staff at Ormeau in Brisbane.
- Career Development– We offer you the chance to receive hands-on training in areas that you wish to specialise in – with guidance and knowledge sharing from professionals within the sector you have chosen.
- Our Capabilities– PWR continuously evolve their own array of equipment along with employee development and training to support and fulfill rigid requirements of their customers